top of page


What do I do if I am involved in a motor vehicle accident and have received medical treatment?

If you have received treatment as a result of an automobile accident, the primary coverage may be your motor vehicle insurance or that of the other party involved in the accident


You and/or your passenger(s) may be covered under a "medical payment" portion of the policy. Medicare, Medicaid, and most health insurance carriers require that all automobile coverage(s) be billed prior to considering your health insurance as a means of payment. Billing the automobile insurance can help reduce your "out of pocket" expenses such as co-payments or deductibles.

Please note: the patient (or guarantor) is ultimately responsible for payment to the Hospital, regardless of who was at fault in the accident. It is therefore important to contact ClaimAssist immediately to coordinate all insurance payments.

Frequently Asked Questions

Motor Vehicle

bottom of page